Translate

Saturday, October 15, 2016

"Parting is such sweet sorrow"

Leaving Edinburgh today. I've truly enjoyed spending two weeks here and getting to know this city a bit better. It is dotted with the new amongst all of the old, and the old are my favorite parts. The gothic and victorian architecture are certainly spectacular sights to behold.

Yesterday was my last full day and I opted to use the Hop On, Hop Off tour bus to get to more locations in the city to see more of it before leaving. Even when riding through areas I've already walked in, it would afford a new perspective/view of the area; this I didn't expect.

There was a little rain yesterday afternoon, but it was not a deterrent to exploring (and shopping) yesterday. In a way, it was comforting to finally get the full Scotland experience.

Final note about leaving Edinburgh today: this past week I've spent it alone while Tim traveled to Beijing, China for work. I've enjoyed this time, but I will be so glad to reconnect with him in London today and spend these last two weeks of travel together. Life is just better together. Here are a few pics of yesterday to enjoy if you have an extra minute.






No comments:

Post a Comment