Translate

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Unexpected Walk

I stayed close to our hotel yesterday and didn't take any photos. That changed today.

After a night of little sleep, and a morning nap I headed out this afternoon for a walk, of course taking Minion with me.

Following the GPS to a pre-chosen location (for a specific Christmas gift), the walking commenced. Expecting a little less than a mile each way, there was no concern. After walking for a full mile, I realized...to my leg's dismay...I still had almost 1/2 mile to go. And then to walk back as well. Oh boy.

Found the shop (at this time, can't reveal what it is - for fear of revealing the gift), did a little shopping and had a short rest in the shop's cafe. Time for the trek back to the hotel - certainly not going anywhere else today (my sore legs just wouldn't take it).

On the return, I chose a different route, which turned out to be closer to a mile than the previous one and provided a walk through a lovely residential neighborhood, as well as through the university grounds. I love the architecture here! Here are a few pics of my return walk, enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment