Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A quiet morning

Sitting in our room with the window open, listening to the birds chirping outside takes my mind to family and friends at home.


I think of my friend Bunny, who loves nature and it's creatures and I wonder if she is enjoying the same kind of sounds I am.

Then I think of my mom, in Florida and wonder if she's taken her drive to Jetty Park to get her walking in and enjoy the sunshine and warmth. Then I remember, it's still early morning in the states, so probably not.

My mind wanders to my kids, Jason in Florida with friends and John at home. Praying for safety and wisdom for both of them. Hoping they are both enjoying where they are in life right now.

Other friends and family come to mind as I sit here being quiet: my sister, who is now mourning the death of her sister-in-law, friends the Weitzels who are enjoying Spring Break week with their college daughter, and many others from our church - I wish warmth and sunshine for them this week.

I'm grateful today for the blessing of a beautiful, sunny morning, looking out the window across the field and seeing the horses, the green grass, the many little birds and knowing that Spring is arriving here, as well as home. It just might be a little slower to show up there. But, it is a gentle reminder that new life is here and coming again, all we have to do is accept it.


Think I'll take a walk along the River Thames and enjoy some more quiet time and beauty of God's handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment