Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thames River Walk

There is access to the Thames from our hotel, so when housekeeping knocked on the door to clean the room, I picked up the camera and headed out to walk along the Thames in Oxford.

Walking the path from the hotel to the river walk is almost as nice as walking along the river. You are walking between a field of horses and a field of tall grasses waving in the breeze.





The path from the hotel opens up to this view when you reach the river walk.












I turned East, toward the sun, thinking I would walk a ways and then take pics on my way back to get the best use of the sunlight. Took one anyway, and it looks great!








A few moments later, I heard an odd noise on the water. Turned to look and there were two rowers moving through the water almost silently. The only sound you could hear from them was the oars as they leave the water.











Further along I came to these two bridges, both over narrow outlets from the river. 









As I was walking back, I stopped at the top of one of the bridges to capture this shot. 








I walked over an hour enjoying the views along the water. Took some great pics. All of this while carrying our Nikon on the monopod, but only taking pics with my phone. Sadly, I'd forgotten to put the sd card back in the camera. Instead of getting upset, I just made do with what I had available and I'm quite happy with the outcome. It's a lovely day here in Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment