Translate

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Oxford, Libby's Walking Tour

After getting some rest yesterday, I was up for some more walking today. And walk, I did!

I walked from the hotel














to Christ Church. I toured the grounds, Meadow Building, the Cathedral and more.



             





















Leaving Christ Church Campus by the Picture Gallery, this is the street view you're faced with. I love that they maintain the old buildings and architecture here. This leads to Merton College and Chapel (on the right in this picture).


I passed, walked to or visited Corpus Christi College, The Grove Walk, Magdalen College and Chapel, St. Edmund Hall, Queen's College, All Soul's College, St. Mary's Church, the Bodleian Library, Hertford College, Brasenose College and the Oxford Examination Schools (picture below).



This picture is of the Radcliffe Camera. Camera, meaning "room" in Latin; colloquially, "Rad Cam" or "The Camera") is a building of Oxford University. Designed by James Gibbs in neo-classical style and built in 1737-1749 to house the Radcliffe Science Library.








Here is All Soul's College.






















And this is Carfax Tower.

With lunching at Rose Tea Cafe and more walking including through the Covered Market, I decided to head back to the hotel and rest up a bit before Tim gets back and is ready to walk to supper. It's been a beautiful day here in Oxford and I look forward to trying a new place for supper and seeing more of Oxford tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment