Translate

Saturday, March 14, 2015

We're in Scotland!

Yesterday we drove from Oxford, England to Edinburgh, Scotland. In total, it was about 7 1/2 hours, but we did stop for about 40 minutes for lunch on the way.

Leaving Oxford was a little bittersweet: I love the architecture and how they seem to embrace the old buildings and celebrate the history of their town. However, I was so excited about exploring Scotland that leaving Oxford was a little easier.

The drive was pretty, at time relaxing, lots of construction going on, and then toward the end, rainy, dark and very narrow lanes.

Most of the time we could look out and remark on the similarity of the terrain to places in the U.S. Other times however, it was remarkable at how different it could look. It was thrilling for me when we came around a bend into some hills and they were covered in snow! I thought I wasn't going to see anymore this season. So glad I was wrong.










No comments:

Post a Comment